Table of Contents
A good pair of headphones isn’t cheap. Based on that fact alone, it would be unfair for you to get low-quality headphones extension cables. Fortunately, this review seeks to provide you information that would make it much easier to select the best cables.
Through this guide, you’re about to learn the qualities to look out for in the best headphone extension cable. Some of these qualities include the length and compatibility of the cord. Other qualities are pricing, aesthetics, inner and external materials, and other components. And if you need an 6.3 mm to 3.5 mm adapter look no further.
More impressively, it also includes a list of the best products worth buying. There are tons of options available in the market, a situation that exposes users to a lot of confusion in settling on a single headphone extension cable.
Selecting the best cables guarantees you the quality of sound that your ears will love. You will have a wonderful time listening to music or audio of your choosing too. The good news is you have tons of options from which to choose, as you’re about to see below.
Best Headphone Extension Cables
Are you ready for this journey? Do you want to know the best extension cables for your headphone or any auxiliary device? If yes, then let’s get right into evaluating and reviewing the best cables!
Do you have an iPad or phone full of stuff you wish to listen to on your headphones? In that case, you should get a headset extension cable that can deliver the quality you crave. The Syncwire Headphone Splitter will do all that and more.
It also works well with CD players, MP3s, tablets, and laptops. Use it on your PlayStation to experience high sound quality. This splitter is compact and lightweight, making it a great traveling companion to ensure that you can always listen to your music.
The fact that the splitter is renowned for outstanding durability should be music to your ears too. Its enhanced durability is courtesy of the double shielding that offers solid protection against interference.
- Extremely durable
- 24K gold-plated connector
- Connects perfectly with tons of devices
- Premium materials
- Encased audio extension made of soft nylon
- Compact and lightweight
- Allows users to share the same device
- Watch out for audio lags in the two speakers
- Capable of losing signal
- Sound could be low at times
The UGREEN headphone extension cable delivers excellent protection. It does this through a female auxiliary jack, which protects all auxiliary devices, such as TV, laptops, and smartphones.
Apart from that, the soft PVC material it’s made of assures that it’s a remarkably durable and flexible cable. Because of the same material, you would not find this cable tangling up in your pocket – or anywhere for that matter – and causing you all types of inconveniences.
As a 3.5mm headphone extension cable, it gives you easy access to all your auxiliary connections and devices. Do you have a smart TV, home hi-fi system, or Bluetooth headphones? Connect them safely without losing any signal quality through this cable.
- Fits almost all devices well
- High-density PVC jacket, premium copper conductors, and aluminum casing
- Soft PVC material makes it both flexible and durable
- Premium materials
- Resistance to corrosion
- Gold-plated connectors
- Has no static or dropout of sound
- 10ft long
- Capable of producing annoying mechanical sound
- Can be loud
- Female end of the cord may struggle to fit
Coiled Headphone Extension Cable
The GE Universal Audio Extension Kit is one of the oldest headphone extension cables in the world today. The cable has retained the high standards that made it world-famous throughout its existence.
Few factors have made it a firm favorite of tons of people worldwide. These include the thick insulation on the cable that offers enhanced protection. Apart from that, it’s also quite long, reaching a maximum of 18ft when fully stretched.
Other traits that enable it to stand out from the crowd include the 0.25-inch adapter and the 3.5mm Y splitter as part of the kit. Do you need an extension cable purely for entertainment and music? In that case, you won’t find a better alternative.
- Compatible with most devices
- Stretches for up to 18ft
- Tangle-free coiled design
- Includes a 0.25-inch male plug, 3.5mm extension cable, headphone splitter, and 3.5mm female plug
- Doesn’t work well on headsets that have microphones
- Not compatible with Astro A40 headset
- Has no gold-plated connectors
Stereo Headphone Extension Cable
Are you looking for one of the most exceptional headset extension cables in the market based on sound quality alone? In that case, C&E Stereo Headphone should be the first name that you consider buying.
Its braided shielding, bare copper conductors, and gold-plated connectors offer the perfect sound quality. It also guarantees a hassle-free experience, which is necessary when listening to your audio.
More impressively, it has no latency issues that you might have come to expect with any other headphone jack extension. It also boasts increased durability and flexibility, courtesy of the combination of strain-relief rings, polished metal connectors, and a soft PVC jacket.
- Consistent signal quality
- High-quality copper
- High durability and flexibility
- Flexible jacket suits tight spaces perfectly
- Bare copper conductors, gold-plated connectors, and braided shielding
- No loss in the quality of audio transmission
- Compatible with wide-ranging devices that include iPod Touch, iPod, iPhone, and Android
- Watch out for loose fit when plugged into a jack
- Speakers could provide a bit of a buzz, which can be quite annoying
- Quality of signal drops when you plug an audio source in
Headphone Extension Cable With Mic
You would struggle to find a better-looking extension cable on looks alone than DuKabel. But that’s not the only trait working for it. Its nylon braiding leaves you with a strong cord. Based on this, you have a cable capable of withstanding rough handling.
More crucially, the cable is also perfectly flexible, and that’s because of the nylon braiding too. Its triple-layered shielding protects it – and you – from unwanted and annoying interference. On the other hand, its 24k gold inputs give it the required level of corrosion resistance.
The cable comes in a snugly fit design. Other than that, it’s also housed in pure metal, which adds that extra layer of protection to make it a much sturdier option. Every detail in this oxygen-free copper-wired cable makes this one of the best 3.5mm headphone extension cables, too.
- Resistant to both water and corrosion
- Compatible with almost any microphone
- It’s available in four sizes (max 26ft)
- Works well with gaming consoles and any media setup at home
- Snug fit design and 24k gold-plated contacts
- Oxygen-free copper wiring
- The gold plating is not of the highest standards
- Its 3.5mm plug can be quite loose on some cameras
- Watch out for a buzzing noise that affects the quality of signal
High Quality Headphone Extension Cable
Does the cost of a good extension cable for your headphones bother you? If so, you might want to look at the eDragon extension cable. Its affordable pricing doesn’t take anything away from it, though, as it is just as stunning in performance and features.
The greatest attraction of this cable is the lack of audio quality issues. This allows you to enjoy a superb experience listening to anything of your choice. It’s also well-constructed, a quality that guarantees a sturdy but also durable and flexible cable.
You can use the extension on either headphones or earbuds with relative ease. Other qualities that make it worth buying include affordability and high-quality materials, on the inside and outside, along with solid connectors.
- Solid performance
- Quality audio, has no issues
- Flexible, sturdy, and durable
- Powerful and high-quality sound
- Works well on headphones and earbuds
- Top-notch materials inside and outside
- Solid connectors
- Only two length sizes
- Aux cable cover can be a bit loose
- Not compatible with microphones
3.5mm Jack Headphones Extension Cord
KabelDirekt is one of the premier options in the quality audio department. It’s pretty lengthy, too, thus making it an excellent cable for reaching any connection.
This coated cable and the three oxygen-free coppers inside guarantee the exceptional sound quality associated with it. Additionally, the long-lasting 24k gold-plated connectors add to the durability of this cable.
When looking for the most suitable cable for a 3.5mm jack, your options should never go past KabelDirekt.
- Has a PVC jacket that prevents it from knotting up
- Outstanding build quality
- 24k gold-plated connectors
- Oxygen-free copper wires
- Available in varying lengths
- Compatible with various headphones
- Plays out of only one rather than the two speakers
- Shoulder and plug body are inconveniently short
- Watch out for loose connector ends
USB C Headphone Extension Cord
Are we talking about headphone extension cables or fast-charging cords? You’re probably asking yourself that question after seeing this fast-charging cable in this list of the best extension cables.
An extension cable has to be fast when transmitting data. In that regard, the BrexLink USB C cord stacks up nicely compared to any headset extension cable. It transfers data at a rate of 480Mbps!
Its nylon-braided jacket also guarantees you a durable and sturdy product. Furthermore, it boasts a bend lifespan of over 10,000 bends. Its seamlessly molded joints also give it a degree of flexibility that makes the cable even better.
BrexLink has a tangle-free design, which means you can move around with it in your pocket with little to worry about. Its user-friendly design makes it pluggable into any USB C-compatible device without having to worry yourself sick about issues such as port orientation.
- Exceptional transmission of data at breakneck speeds
- Durable and sturdy
- Nylon-braided jacket
- Seamlessly molded flexible joints
- Extension cable or a fast-charging cord
- Compatible with just about any USB Type C device
- Not compatible with either micro USB or headphones using a 3.5 jack
- Can get extremely hot
- Works much better as a fast-charging cable than a headphone extension cord
What to Look for When Buying the Best Headphone Extensions Cable
We have already agreed that you need the best extension cable for your headphone to give you the best listening experience. How do you choose the best one though? Apart from the list of top cables above, you should use the following criteria to narrow down your options.
The most common material in the best headphone extension cable is oxygen-free copper. That’s primarily because of its reputation as the best conductor. Silver also features highly here. For this reason, you should look for cables with either of the two inner materials.
The materials on the outside are just as important as the ones on the inside. Here, the primary focus is on tangle-free wiring, which allows you to move with or store the cable easily. Further, the nylon braiding (or braiding shielding) on the outside is important for:
- Keeping the cable rigid
- Improving the cable’s water resistance attribute
- Protecting the cable from being crushed
- Ensuring that the cable isn’t a mess of intertwinement
Under components, you will never go wrong with a 1/8 headphone extension cable or anything with gold-plated connectors. Other than the quality of sound they produce, such cables will last a much longer time, and that’s great news for your finances.
Length is one of the most important attributes to consider before buying any extension cable for your headphones. The market is full of long 1/4 to 1/8 headphone extension cables to meet your needs. What other reason would you have for buying an extension cable if not for its length?
How compatible is the extension cable with the devices that you wish to use? Some cables are incompatible with certain types of headphones. Therefore, watch out for this to avoid throwing money on something that you can’t use.
Fortunately, you don’t have to worry about this quality too much. That’s because most extension cables are quite beautiful. More importantly, you should choose one that suits the color, look, and feel of your headphone too.
Conclusion on Headphones Extension Cables
You wouldn’t be wrong to settle on any of the headphone extension cables reviewed above. They are all of the best quality. Their pricing, compatibility, length, and quality of sound stand out from the rest. You should also watch out because there can be a difference between headphone extension cable and audio extension cables.
Nevertheless, in our estimation, the Syncwire Headphone Splitter is the most exceptional of this lot. In terms of aesthetics, it’s unmatched. If you evaluate it based on the connection quality, Syncwire also stands out in its perfection.
Therefore, place your order today for the best headphone extension cable for an exceptional listening experience! You will no longer have to move around with all your auxiliary devices from one room or location to the next. The cables will give you exactly the quality you desire.
Aug 7. 2021: Article posted.
Jan 17. 2022: Article maintenance, products updated.
Mar 7. 2022: Changed product no longer sold.
May 3. 2022: Linked to similar articles.
Jul 15. 2022: Updated product list.
Feb 6. 2023: Article visually changed for better flow. Added tittles for the products for easier navigation.